The GOLD RUSH

Gold Royalty Free Stock Photo - Image: 22154575

Have you ever heard about the gold rush of the past and wished you could strike it rich? Well now might be your chance! Gold mines that have been closed for years are opening up again, but before you grab a pick-axe and start digging, Sarah discovered that it’s new technology that’s blowing the cobwebs off some historic mine sites.

Watch the btn video about The Gold Rush and share your thoughts with us!

http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s2823680.htm

on “The GOLD RUSH
13 Comments on “The GOLD RUSH
  1. Dear Bloggers,

I think that they should open the mines but not for mining but for visiting and tours. It’s our history and should leave it alone. It’s like breaking a 1000 year old vase in a museum.

From Jack

2. Dear Bloggers,

I think it’s fantastic that gold prices are going down and that gold is easier to get. I’m not to sure about the old gold mines opening up again, it would be good to explore and see what it was like but only as a piece of Australia’s history. For example like a tour or an open show.

From Perry

3. Hello Everyone,

I think we shouldn’t open up any new mines unless we are desperate but we aren’t. I think we should leave them as they are because they are a part of history and it will probably never happen again. So we should treasure what we have now and re-live what we did have by not destroying these artefacts.

Kristen

4. Dear Bloggers,

I think that Australia should make new mines or try to find deposits and make a mine were you they found it.Yet I don’t want them to open the old mines because they are apart of our history and can be created into a museum. Also I think because we have better technology now if they open up new mines all the gold will go much faster.

-Caleb

5. Dear Bloggers.

I think people should open up the mine caves because their might be gold down there but people didn’t have good technology in 1850 but we have good technology now so miners can get gold in the caves. Some people think not to open mining caves but I think their should open it.There is a lot of gold there.

From Jimmy

• Dear Jimmy

I agree with what you said about opening the mines again but I disagree with what most of our class said because miners can get more gold but in 1850 they did not mine that much.

From Jayden

6. Dear bloggers,
    I agree with jack I think that the gold mines should be opened as a museum so that our earth doesn’t get damaged more and also because the gold mines are a unique part of Aussie history!

From Taylah

7. Dear Bloggers,

I think we should not open the old mines because it is very dangerous. We might get tonnes of gold which is pretty good but lives can be lost. As the the video said we have new technology to help us but with that it still could be dangerous. For example, we now have explosives what if we someone inexperienced got blown up by accident. So I am saying that the gold mines should not be reopened.

Himeth

8. Dear bloggers

I think it will great if they open the gold mines again so people can get jobs if they don’t have a job. Another reason that they should open the mines because it should be a better experience for other miners and they have been closed for years and may have lots of gold left inside the mines.

From Jayden

9. Dear Bloggers,

I think that if I was from those days when the gold rush was around, it would’ve been exciting yet crazy. There would be too much hassle and crowds, and it might have been overwhelming! But then again, finding gold WOULD be amazing! I believe that mining nowadays is a really dangerous thing, because of the lack of oxygen and fresh air, but it also gets you a good pay (I think). Unfortunately though, no one in my whole entire family have anything to do with mining, so I guess I won’t have to worry about any of this stuff now!

From Lucia

10. Dear Bloggers,
    My opinion is that I think that they had to work very very hard to find gold. The thing that I didn’t get is why did you only pay a little bite to pan for gold. Then you had to pay more to dig for gold with the shovel. I also agree with what Elli said to open up the mines again not to mine but to put in a museum.