Our Main Learning Intentions for Week 9 and 10

Dear 4VA,

All year you have been writing your weekly learning intentions in your reflection journals and then reflecting on them at the end of the week. This is a fantastic way for you to personalise your own learning and to reflect on whether on not you were successful over the week and whether you need to do some extra work on a particular area.

This week we have asked you to post your learning intentions on the blog.

I wonder if this will make you more accountable to these learning intention and wheher you’ll find that you are more successful because you publically said what you intended to learn?

You have also been asked to think about the success criteria for your learning intention.

How will you know if you are successful?

By posting your learning intentions on the blog, the whole community including your parents have an opportunity to comment on your success!

Our whole community Learning Intentions this week are:

We are learning to:

• take responsability for our learning (by completing work in the set time, by asking for help, by recording the instructions on our ipads…)

• reflect on the learning we have done this year in Numeracy

• identify which Numeracy skills and concepts we personally need to do work on and…

• improve our understanding of various Numeracy skills and concepts

• prepare an oral presentation and a Powerpoint presentation as two seperate things

• teach others new skills and encourage them to use blogging as a way of learning

on “Our Main Learning Intentions for Week 9 and 10
17 Comments on “Our Main Learning Intentions for Week 9 and 10
  1. Dear Bloggers,
    Here are my learning Intentions for this week,

My literacy goal is to prepare an oral presentation that has correct information and is readable. I will know I’m successful when I have created an oral presentation that stands out and makes sense.

My numeracy goal is to know what area in numeracy I struggle in so that I can get help and get better at whatever I struggled in. I will know I’m successful when I find a numeracy skill I’m weak at and then get help.

My personal learning goal is to finish my work in the amount of time given so that I can get a lot more work done. I will know I’m successful when I finish my work on time.

My other learning goal is to teach my parents how to blog so they can see all of my learning. I will know I’m successful when my parents go on our blog.

From Taylah

2. Dear Bloggers,

My learning intention for personal learning is to not sit next to my friends when I do my work.I will know I’m successful when I don’t sit next to my friends and i move away.

My learning intention for numeracy is to find my weaknesses and confusions in maths.I will know I’m successful when I can find a weakness or confusion that in maths.

My learning intention for literacy is to present an oral presentation and a power point presentation.I will know I’m successful when I have all the correct punctuation and information.

My learning intention for other is to teach my mum and dad how to comment on the blog.I will know I’m successful when both my mum and dad can comment on the blog.

From Alana

3. Dear bloggers,

My Personal learning intention is to not sit next to my friends during learning time then I don’t get distracted.I will know when I’m success when I don’t get distracted during learning.

My numeracy learning intention is to find my weaknesses and confuses in math.I will know when I’m successful when I can find my weaknesses or confuses in maths.

My literacy learning intention is to present an oral presentation and a PowerPoint one as well.I will know when I’m successful when I can present PowerPoint and oral presentation in an organised manor.

My Other learning intention is to teach my mum and dad how to comment on the blog.I will know when I’m successful when my parents start commenting on the blog.

From Elli

4. Dear Bloggers,

My other learning goal is to teach my parents how to blog so they can see all of my learning.I will know I’m successful when my parents go on our blog.

From Taylah

5. Hello Everyone,

These are my learning Intentions for this week.

We are learning to…

L.I. To do some extra planning so I don’t have to waste my time thinking and instead use my time working. I will know I am successful when I get my work completed very quickly and efficiently

L.I. To do a quick revision on fractions and decimals. I will know when I am successful when I feel confident when doing fractions and decimals.

L.I. To present an oral presentation with cue cards and with enough information on the slide and on the use card. I will know I am successful when I get good feedback from the teachers and I feel my presentation ,of the topic, is well said and had clear diction.

L.I. To teach my parents how to get onto the blog, how to make an account, how to post and comment and how to add photos. I will know I am successful when my parents can successfully do all these things without my help.

Kristen

6. Dear 56VA

My learning Intention in Maths is to be able to identify different areas of weakness and confusion and be able to how to improve that area of weakness. I will know when I’m successful when I can write a list of math concepts to watch on Kahn Academy.

My learning Intention in literacy to be able to prepare an oral and power point presentation as separate things.
    I will know when I’m successful when I have written notes for my slideshow that are not exactly what the PowerPoint slides say.

My learning Intention in personal Learning is to be able to complete work in a set amount of time.
    I will know when I’m successful when I can finish work on time.

My learning Intention in others is to teach my classmates new skills and encourage others to be able to use the blog as a learning opportunity.
    I will know when I’m successful when I can teach others new skills and be able to encourage others to use the blog to learn

From Evan

7. Dear Bloggers,

My learning intentions for the next two weeks are:

My personal learning intention is to use different strategies to accomplish my work. I will know I have succeeded when I have different views to one piece of work because of my strategies.

My Mathematics learning intention is to revise all my concepts and to look over my weaknesses and confusion. I know I will be successful when I have less or no confusions or weaknesses.

My Literacy learning intention is to prepare an oral presentation and a PowerPoint with confidence. I will be successful when I can present a PowerPoint confidently without reading off the screen.

My other intention is to teach other people to use different strategies. I will know I am successful when the people I teach will say it is benificial for their learning.

From Robert.

8. Dear Bloggers,

My main learning intentions for this week for Personal Learning , Numeracy, Literacy and Other are:

-To sit by myself during a test so I will not be distracted during the test and that I will not talk to anyone. This will help me in secondary school when I am also doing a test so that I will not waste time talking and looking in the air. I will achieve this goal by making sure that I am not sitting next to anyone that I can talk to or that will distract me.

– To not rush through my work because I have the easy questions wrong and I get the hard, difficult questions correct. This will help me for different types of test and work in the future. I want to achieve this goal because I have lots of mistakes in my work since I am rushing my work that I don’t have enough time to think! I will achieve this goal by checking my answers again and not rush through my work.

-To be able to project my voice clearly and that I am able to use cue cards during a PowerPoint presentation. I want to achieve this goal because I want the audience to be able to hear me speak across the room and that using cue cards will help me remember what to say during a PowerPoint presentation. This will help me when I am doing another PowerPoint presentation at primary school, secondary school and later in the future. I will achieve this goal by projecting my voice more and to write use cards and using them.

-To be able to teach others different skills in learning so they will know what to do. I want to achieve this goal so that the people that I teach will be able to teach others. This will help me when I have a job so that I can teach others how to the job. I will do this by teaching them and how they do this skill.

From:Cecilia

9. Dear 5/6VA,
    These are my learning goals for the week.

My literacy goal for the week is to prepare an oral presentation for my Saints project. I will know when I am successful when I have que cards ready to present, it is readable and understandable to speak out loud.

My numeracy goal is revise on all the maths I have done during the three terms of the year. I will know when I am successful when I am able to know how to do everything taught this year. I will also know when I am successful when I quickly get used to what was taught already.

My personal learning goal is to do more work instead of talking to my friends the whole time . I will know when I am successful when I am able to do more work than talking. I am able to finish my work quicker.

My other learning goal is to encourage my parents to go on the blog more and comment on them. I will know when I am successful when my parent blog more often. I am able to encourage them to blog more.

Regards,
    Prakashika

10. Dear Bloggers

My literacy learning intention is to present a powerpoint and a oral presentation. I will know when I’m Successful when I present a powerpoint point presentation and an oral presentation.

My numeracy learning intention is to identify my areas of weakness. i will know when I’m successful when I tell the teacher what I’m weak at.

My other learning intention is to teach other new skill. I will know when I’m successful when I teach someone a new skill.

My Personal learning intention is to find new strategies when working out problems. I will know when I’m successful when i show a new strategy on my work.

From Jayce

11. Dear Bloggers,

These are my learning intentions for the week.

My Personal Learning Intention is to not talk to people so I can complete my work faster.
    I will know I’m successful when my work is completed faster.

My Numeracy Learning Intention is to be able to solve mean, median, mode and range.
    I will know I’m successful when I can solve mean, I can solve median, I can solve mode, I can solve range.

My Literacy Learning Intention is to complete a PowerPoint presentation.
    I will know I’m successful when I know how to create new slides, I know how to insert photos, I know how to change colour, I know how to change font.

My Other Learning Intention is to teach my parents how to blog.
    I will know I’m successful when my parents know how to comment and post on the blog.

From Perry

12. Dear Bloggers,

These are my Learning Intentions for Term 3, Week 9.

Numeracy- My areas of confusion come under decimals and percentages. I haven’t really caught the hang of it and I struggle to learn what they are. I know I am successful when I can: understand what it is when someone asks me, for e.g.- “What is 10% of 100?” and I can answer it. I also know when I’m successful when I can: put the decimal point in a number and know what it is.

Literacy- I have prepared a PowerPoint presentation about my Saints Research Project. I’m not sure what my oral presentation will be about though. I know I’m successful when I can: finish a presentation properly and be confident about it.

Personal- I can not talk to my friends when I’m working and tell them that I have to concentrate. I can also work faster and not waste time when I get my work. I know I’m successful when I: finish my work in class and not have to take another lesson on it.

Other- I can teach others how to blog or use the blog to learn. Also I can encourage them to get their work done. I know I’m successful when: someone has learnt something after I’ve told them about it.

From, Sandra.

13. Dear 56VA

I will know when I’m successful when I am able to submit work with editing and no mistakes.

I will know when I’m successful when others understand what I have taught them.

From Evan

14. Hi Bloggers,

My learning intentions for week 9 are:

My numeracy learning intention is to Revise on Long Multiplication, because I’ve forgotten a little bit about it.
    I know I’m successful when I am able to write down the process of doing long multiplication.

My Literacy Learning intention is to create and prepare a PowerPoint that has enough information and an appropriate font and size for viewers to read.
    I will know I’m successful when my PowerPoint is readable and I don’t get complaints about my PowerPoint.

My personal Learning Intention is to be able to be responsible for my work and finish my work on time.
    I will know I’m successful when I can finish my Saint’s project in time.

My Other learning intention is to be able to help friends and family to access the blog and how to comment.
    I will know I’m successful when my parents and family can access the blog can access the blog and make a comment and give feedback.

Dan

15. Dear 4AP

I know I’m successful when I can be responsible with my work and get it done on time.

I am successful on how to read quarter to and half past and 5 minutes to one. I know I’m successful when I can read 24 hour time. I know I’m successful when I can draw a analogue clock and know where to place my minute hand.

My other learning intention is to complete my saints project and prepare an oral presentation.

From Andrew3

16. Dear Bloggers

These are my learning intentions for this week:

My personal learning intention is to finish my work in the set time and record instructions on my iPad. I will know when I am successful when finishing my work properly.

My literacy learning intention is to prepare an oral presentation on power point that has two topics in the same power point. I will know when I am successful when saving the power point in the right file.

My numeracy learning intention is to learn how to do long multiplication and long division. I will know when I am successful when I don’t have to ask the teacher for help and not making any mistakes.

My other learning intention is to help other people how to use iPads. I will know when i am successful when explaining and talking clearly

From Jayden

17. Dear 4VA

My learning intentions for this week are:
    For literacy my learning intention is to put grammar in my writing.
    I know I’m successful when i can do grammar properly.

My learning intention for numeracy is to know how to do 24 hour time and elapsed time. I know I’m successesful when I can understand 24 hour time and work on my elapsed time.

My other learning intention is to know how to put my work on power point in the correct folder. I know I’m successful when I can find my work in the correct folder where I saved it.

My personal learning goal is to practice my handwriting.
    I know I’m successful when I can write neatly in my writing.

From Andrew3