Our Main Learning Intentions for Term 3, Week 8

Where you're going...
Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Krissy Venosdale via Compfight

Dear 4VA,

All year you have been writing your weekly learning intentions in your reflection journals and then reflecting on them at the end of the week. This is a fantastic way for you to personalise your own learning and to reflect on whether on not you were successful over the week and whether you need to do some extra work on a particular area.

This week we have asked you to post your learning intentions on the blog.

I wonder if this will make you more accountable to these learning intention and wheher you’ll find that you are more successful because you publically said what you intended to learn?

You have also been asked to think about the success criteria for your learning intention.

How will you know if you are successful? 

By posting your learning intentions on the blog, the whole community including your parents have an opportunity to comment on your success!

Our whole community Learning Intentions this week are:

We are learning to:

• take responsability for our learning (by completing work in the set time, by asking for help, by recording the instructions on our ipads…)

• read analog clocks

• record the time on analog clocks

• convert 24 hour time to standard (am/pm) time

• calculate elapsed time problems

• discuss the texts we read using the Literature circles roles in order to improve our undertsanding of the text

• write a biography

• use PowerPoint to direct our learning

• use PowerPoint to record our learning using mixed media

on “Our Main Learning Intentions for Term 3, Week 8
42 Comments on “Our Main Learning Intentions for Term 3, Week 8
  1. Dear Bloggers,

My main learning intentions for this week for Personal Learning , Numeracy, Literacy and Other are:

-To take a photo using my iPad of instructions so I can remember what I am supposed to do if the activity takes days to complete. I will know when I am successful when I take photos of instructions more than once.

-To be able to solve maths problems involving elapsed time. This will help me in the future when I have very important meetings. I will know when I am successful when I can solve these problems without having to ask anyone and to have the correct answer when I double check it.

-To write a biography without making it too long and without any false information. This will help me when I write another biography at primary school, secondary school and for homework. I will know when I am successful when I write a biography with information that is true and that it is not too long so it takes a long time to read.

-To make a PowerPoint presentation to show my learning to the audience. I will know when I am successful when I can make a PowerPoint presentation with no errors and it is easy to understand.

From:Cecilia

• Dear Bloggers,

My reflection on these learning goals are:

-The goal for Personal Learning, which is to take a photo of the instructionson the board if the activity takes days to complete. I have completed this goal by remembering to take the photo with my iPad and by doing this often. I am proud that I achieved this goal because now I will know what to do for an activity.

-My goal for Numeracy was to solve head maths problems about elapsed time and to double check the answer and not having the wrong answer. I have achieved this goal by making sure I do not put in an extra minute or an extra hour in my answer. I am now able to teach others about elapsed time. I wasn’t able to achieve this goal before because I was very confused and I usually added an extra minute.

-My Literacy goal was to write a biography using correct information and not making it too long. I have not achieved this goal yet because I have not written a biography yet. I might have this Learning Intention again next week.

-I also have not achieved this goal because I have not presented this goal yet. I also want to complete this goal next week or the week after. I want to achieve this goal because I want to improve my voice projection.

From: Cecilia

2. Hi Bloggers,

My main learning intentions for this week are:

My Numeracy learning intention is to position the hour hand accurately.
    I will know I’m successful when I can put the hour hand in the correct place at different times.

My Literacy learning intention is to discuss with a group about a text using the role of the questioner.
    I will know I’m successful when I can ask a range of questions about a text then answer them later on.

My personal learning intention is to take responsibility of my learning by asking the teacher for instructions if I don’t know and not just sit there doing nothing.
    I will know I’m successful when I get my work done and know the instructions.

Finally my other learning intention is to be able to use appropriate amount of information in certain slides in PowerPoints.
    I will know I’m successful when my slides have the correct amount of appropriate information, just enough information for viewers to read before I change the slide and the the most important information to know (not just what I will say aloud).

Dan

• Hi Dan,

In numeracy I am proud of achieving my maths learning intention of putting the hour hand in the right place at the right time depending on where the minute hand is. I achieved this because I learnt about it in maths lessons this week.

Another learning intention that I have achieved this week is my Literacy learning intention, which was to discuss with a group about a text using the role of the questioner, I know I achieved this Because I was able to ask my group my questions from the book and answer them.

This week I’ve also achieved my Personal learning intention, my personal learning was to take responsibility of my learning and ask the teacher whenever I didn’t know what to do so I could learn and not do nothing. I know I achieved this learning intention because I was able to get my work done this week.

My final learning intention this week was to put the appropriate information in a PowerPoint not only what I would say, this week I have done a bit of my Saints project and my Biography on PowerPoint, I think I achieved this learning intention as I did not put in too much information in each slides, I think I put in an appropriate amount of information in my work.

Dan

3. Dear readers,

These are my learning intentions for the week.

My literacy goal is to learn how to write a biography. I will know when I’m successful when I included lots of information about the person’s personal history.

My numeracy goal is to have a better understanding of converting 24 hour time into 12 hour time. I will know when I’m successful when I can convert 24 hour time (eg 1300) into standard time (eg. 1 pm) and vice versa.

My personal goal is to get my work finished in the set time. I will know when I’m successful when I finish my work and hand it in on time.

My other goal is to take responsability of remembering what I have to do when I do work. I will know when I am successful when I remember to take photos of the instruction on my ipad so that I can refer to them at my desk.

From Tass

• Dear Tass,

I have a good strategy to help you with your numeracy intention and it is very easy. So, if the time is 1500, then minus twelve (from 15 and get rid of the zeros) which equals 3 pm and you can add twelve to 3pm to get 1500. I actually use this strategy a lot because my television’s clock is 24 hour time.

Kristen

4. Dear Bloggers,

My learning intentions are:

My personal learning is to take responsibility for my learning by asking for help when I don’t know what to do.
    I will be successful when I ask people and teachers for help.

My numeracy is to be able to read an analog clock faster and be able to draw the time correctly.
    I will be successful when I have been able to accurately place the minute and hour clock.

My literacy is to be able to discuss the roles in literacy better and encouraging people to as well
    I will be successful when I can discus and be able to encourage people to share with the group.

My other intention is to be able to use power point to direct my learning to others and be able to use it in media.
    I will be successful when I can show others my learning in a power point and people can understand my learning.

From Evan

• Dear Bloggers,

This week I have achieved to be able to ask a question when I don’t know how to do something. I can now ask question if I don’t know how to do something. I can now confidently ask question about how to do something. I have been able to complete my success criteria so that I can complete my intention.

This week I have achieved to be able to read 24 hour time and be able to draw an analogue clock correctly. I am now also able to convert standard & 24 hour time. I have been able to complete my success criteria so that I can complete my intention.

This week I have completed to be able to encourage others to discus their role and to be able to share my role in literacy. I can now encourage others to share and I can also confidently share my role. I have been able to complete my success criteria so that I can complete my intention.

This week I have not been able to complete to use power point to share my learning. Next week I will continue to try to share my work using power point. I will also try to encourage others to share their work using power point.

From Evan

5. Dear 4AP,

Learning intentions:

My numeracy learning intention is to correctly draw short hand and long hands on a analogue clock using a ruler.
    I will know if I’m successful by drawing a minute and hour hand.

My literacy learning intention is to write a biography about someone from the government.
    I will know if I’m successful is if show the teacher my biography on someone from Government.

My personal learning intention to take responsibility for my learning by handing it in on time.
    I will know if I’m successful by handing in my work on time.

My other learning intention is to add recordings/videos to my PowerPoint presentations.
    I will know if I’m successful by presenting a PowerPoint that has a video in it

From Jayce

• Dear Bloggers,

This week I have achieved my numeracy learning intention by drawing an hour and minute hand correctly with a ruler to make it accurate.

This week I still need to achieve my literacy learning intention by finishing my biography about the person I chose for government. Next week i will work on the Biography of the person in parliament by not talking to my friends.

This week I didn’t achieve my personal learning intention because I didn’t hand in all of my homework on time. Next week I will plan my homework and do it daily so I can hand my homework on time.

This week I didn’t achieve inserting a video in a PowerPoint because we never really did much things this week involving power points. Next week I will try to go on the computer at home and research uploading a video on PowerPoint.

From Jayce

• Well done Jayce, it’s a lot harder to admit when you haven’t successfully done something than when you have been successful and I really like that you have not only said that you will try again next week but that you have said how you are going to make sure you are successful next time.

From Miss Ash

6. Hello Everyone,

These are my learning Intentions for this week. This makes my learning easier because I know what I need to focus on.

We are learning to…

To ask for help when needed and I will know I am successful when;
    I ask my teacher to go over it again, I ask my peers to explain it for me, I do my work and I do exactly what I need to do.

To feel confident when reading analog clocks and I will know I’m successful when;
    I don’t put my head down, I don’t tell myself I can’t do it, I read time with a smile and not being nervous.

To encourage others to discuss their role in literature circles and I will know I am successful when;
    I see the rest of my group discussing their roles with confidence,I see everyone in my group discussing.

To write a detailed and descriptive biography and I will know I am successful when;
    I will have detailed but simple sentences, I will have some sort of description in each paragraph that will have words that go beyond my vocabulary.

To know how much text to put on a slide in power points and I will know I am successful when;
    I get good comments from the teachers, I speak using cue cards and not from the PowerPoint.

Kristen

• Hello Everyone,

I did achieve my first learning intention and I know I did because at the district athletics carnival I was unsure of what to do and asked my peers to explain it for me. This actually helped because afterwards I knew exactly what was happening and I knew what time I had to be at my events and what time I had to eat.

I did achieve my second learning intention and I know I did because we started a booklet that involved reading time and converting it into 24 hour time. As I did the booklet I realised that I wasn’t so nervous about reading analog time. I now feel more confident and comfortable when reading analog time.

I did achieve my third learning intention and I can prove it. In my Literature Circles group we had to discuss our work, our opinions and things that could improve our Literature Circle discussions and so I asked questions that made the rest of the group contribute to the discussion, which was really good because everyone’s thoughts were heard.

I didn’t achieve this goal because I didn’t use a PowerPoint this week and mostly because I had focused on my other intentions I forgot about this one but I will try and try until I achieve it.

Kristen

7. Dear Bloggers,

My learning intentions for this week are:

My personal learning intention is to take responsibility for my learning so I don’t misunderstand anything in class. I will know I have succeeded when I understand the things I learn in class.

My Mathematics learning intention is to accurately position the hour hand on an Analog clock. I will know I am successful when I can do this without being told to.

My Literacy learning intention is to discuss the text in Literature Circles in different roles such as the illustrator and the connector. I will know when I am successful when I can discuss the text from different roles for a full 5 minutes.

My other intention is to be more confident when I am presenting my learning to the class through Microsoft PowerPoint or Word. I will be successful when I know how to present my work more confidently then I did before.

From Robert.

8. Dear Bloggers,

My personal learning intention is to take responsibility of my learning by asking for help when I need it. I will know I am successful when I can do my work without asking for friends help.

My numeracy learning intention is to improve my elapsed time. I know I have achieved this when I can easily workout the time between two different times.

My literacy learning intention is to write a biography. I will know I have achieved this when I have successfully written a full biography with all the right punctuation and parts.

My other learning intention is to use PowerPoint and other technology to record my learning. I will know I have achieved this when I have a completed PowerPoint with an idea sketch.

From Lucia

• Dear Bloggers,

I have only achieved one of my learning intentions this week. The learning intention that I achieved is my maths one. I know I achieved this because I was finding it easier to figure out the elapsed time. I still need to get a little bit better at elapsed time but I have improved anyway.

I didn’t achieve my literacy intention yet because we haven’t started our biographies, but I still have next week to achieve this. I will keep this goal, so I can hopefully achieve it. I have already started researching for facts about the person I am doing it on, so that’s a start!

I didn’t achieve my other intention and I’m not sure why. I’m going to keep it maybe for next week and I hope I will achieve it.

I didn’t achieve my personal learning intention. I didn’t achieve this because I didn’t need help during class because I paid more attention. I’m probably not going to use this intention next week because I’d rather have a more relevant one.

I think having the success criteria was helpful, and it made me really think about how I would achieve my goal and what I needed to do. I’m also a bit disappointed in the fact that I only achieved one goal.

From Lucia

9. Dear Bloggers,

My Numeracy intention Is to learn how to calculate elapsed time. I will know when I’m successful when I can find out how many hours and how many minutes have past.

My Literacy intention is to learn how to write a biography about someone’s life. I will know when I’m successful when I can: write a biography with lots of historical information about one person and when my sentences make sense.

My Personal learning intention is to take responsibility for my learning by getting my work done in an amount of tIme. I will know when I’m successful when I can hand my work to the teacher and it’s complete.

My Other learning intention is to use PowerPoint to direct my learning. I will know when I’m successful when I can insert work from my iPad into my PowerPoint.

By Elli

10. Dear Bloggers

My Learning Goals

To write a biography about the important people in the government.
    I will know I am successful when I will know how to write a biography.

Read analog clocks and convert the time to 24 hours and back.
    I will know when I am successful when I can convert time to 24 hour and back.

Use PowerPoint to direct our learning and create a record of our learning using mixed media.
    I will know when I successful when I can create a good and detailed PowerPoint

Take responsibility for my learning by handing it in on time and make it neat.
    I will know when I am successful when I hand my work in on time and neatly writing.

From Caleb

11. Dear Bloggers

These are my learning intentions for this week

My personal learning for this week is to take responsibility for my learning by getting work finished. I will know I’m successful when I can hand my work in at the end of the lesson and its all complete.

My numeracy for this week is to read and record time on an analog clocks. I will know when I am successful when I can draw the minute hand longer than the hour hand, use a ruler to draw the minute hand accurately, and draw the hour hand accurately.

My literacy for this week is to discuss the texts we read using different literature circle roles. I will know when I discuss the text with my group and contribute to discussion.

My other learning intentions is to use power point to record my learning using mixed media. I will know when I am successful I can insert work from my ipad into a PowerPoint slide.

From Jayden

12. Dear Bloggers,
    Here are my learning intentions that I won’t to achieve by the end of the week.

My personal learning intention is to ask the teacher for help If I didn’t get the task.I will know I’m successful when I ask if I don’t get the task.

My numeracy learning intention is to position the hands of an analog clock accurately.I will know I’m successful when I can get all of them right.

My literacy learning intention is to write a biography about someone’s life. I will know I’m successful when I’ve got a lot of information.

My other learning intention is to record things properly in my powerpoint .I will know I’m successful when I have a lot of the correct punctuation.

From Alana

13. My learning goals for this week are to…

My personal learning intention for this week is to get my work done in the amount of time I have been given.I will know I am successful when I can,hand my work neatly to the teacher on time,finish without rushing and checking my work.

My literacy intention is to learn how to write a biography using correct punctuation, correct spelling and capital letters. I will know I’m successful when I can , include true facts , correct punctuation and have neat hand writing.

My numeracy intention is to read the time on analogue clocks and to read them correctly and to be able to identify how much time has passed.I will know I’m successful when I can , identify how much time has passed and understand how to do it.

My other learning intention is to be able to make a power point that stands out and is able to be clearly red by the teachers.I will know I’m successful when I can, make a power point that stands out,to make one that makes sense and to make on that the teachers can read.

From Taylah

• Dear Bloggers,
      Here is my reflection

Personal learning- I have achieved this goal by finishing my work on time. I did this by not sitting next to my friends. If I were to sit next to my friends I wouldn’t complete my work on time that’s why I picked this goal.

Literacy- I didn’t achieve this goal because I haven’t made a biography yet. To achieve this goal I should of made a mini biography or maybe a plan of one. I picked this goal so that I could have better writing skills but unfortionately I didn’t achieve this goal.

Numeracy-I achieved this goal by practising reading analogue clocks during class. I achieved this by doing some worksheets on time and I got alot of help from the teacher. I picked this goal because I will need to use time alot when I’m older.

Other- I have half achieved this goal because I’m working on my power point still. When I finish the power point it should stand out and be readable. I picked this goal so that my presentation stands out.

From Taylah

14. Dear Bloggers,

Every week we make Learning Intentions to know what we intend to learn during the week, here are my Learning Intension for this week.

My Numeracy Intention is to draw time on an analog clock accurately. I will know I am successful when I correctly position my hour hand.

My Literacy Intention is to successfully write a biography. I will know I am successful when I include lots of information about one person’s history.

My Personal Intention is to learn how to manage my work better. I will know I’m successful when I take photos of instructions regularly.

My Other Intention is to learn how to use PowerPoint to record my learning. I will know I’m successful when I can add videos/ photos on my PowerPoint presentations.

From Jamie

15. Dear Bloggers,
    These are my learning intentions
    My Literacy intention is to learn the basic structure to write a biography I know when I am successful when I can write a biography with someone’s history.

My numeracy learning intention is to quickly and correctly find elapsed time I will will know when I am successful when I find elapsed time quickly and
    I will get correct answers when I find elapsed time

My personal learning intention is to finish my work quickly.I will be successful when I can complete my work in the given time.

My other learning intention is to save my work without losing it and I will be successful when I can save my work and it will not be lost.

From Jessica

• Dear Bloggers,
      I have achieved most of my learning goals this week.This is my reflection journal for my learning intentions:

In Literacy my learning intention was to learn the basic structure in a biography.I achieved this learning goal by reading other biographies but I didn’t achieve the success criteria ‘I am successful when I can write a biography including someone’s history’ because I didn’t get to write one. Although I did find information that will help me make a good biography.

In Numeracy my leaning intention was to learn elapsed time quickly and correctly. I achieved this by learning and practicing elapsed time at home and recording the time and I achieved the success criteria ‘I am successful when I can correctly and quickly find elapsed time’.I have fully achieved this goal and can now find elapsed time confidently.

In Personal Learning my learning intention was to finish my work quickly.I achieved this by not talking to my friend and also concentrate when I do my work.I have been able to do more work in the time given.

In Other my learning intention was to save my work correctly.I know I was successful because I didn’t lose my work when I saved it.I also learnt how to write notes on power point.

From Jessica

16. Dear 4AP

I know I’m successful when:

My personal learning intention is to improve my handwriting. I will know i’m successful when i can write neatly for the teacher to read my work.

My numeracy learning intention is to learn to read an analog clock and draw the time on an analog clock. I will know I’m successful when I can: tell someone the correct time using an analogue clock, position the minute hand accurately, position the hour hand accurately, remember to use a ruler to draw each hand and draw the hour hand and make it shorter then the minute hand.

My literacy learning intentions is to learn how to discuss the text i read using the word wizard and the summariser roles. I will know I’m successful when I can: find word in the text to discuss with my group, find the main idea and key points in text, write a summary using this information.

My other learning intentions are to get my work done on time. i will know i’m successful when I can hand in complete work at the nod of the lesson.

My other learning intention is to use powerpoint to record my work. i will know I’m successful when I can save my work in the correct folder.

From Andrew3

17. Dear Bloggers,

These are my Learning Intentions (L.I.) for the week:

My Personal Learning Intension is to get into the habit of taking pictures of instructions.
    I will know I’m successful when I remember to take pictures of the instructions.

My Numeracy Learning Intension is to be able to find elapsed times faster.
    I will know I’m successful when:
    I can tell the time In-between
    I can tell the time it started
    I can tell the time it ended

My Literacy Learning Intension is to write a good biography.
    I will know I’m successful when my biography is teaching other people about someone’s life.

My Other Learning Intension to creat a record of my learning using mixed media.
    I will know I’m successful when I have a record of my learning using mixed media.

From Perry

18. Dear Bloggers,

My Reflection for Week 8 Learning Intentions.

Numeracy- I think I achieved my goal to read and record time on an analog clock. I am very proud of my self for achieving my goal this week.

Literacy- I achieved my goal to talk about the texts in Literature Circles (L.C). I also achieved my goal to start writing biographies and I’m starting to understand how to correctly write them.

Personal- This week’s goal was to take responsibility for my work and finish it in class and I think I achieved that. I finished all my tests that I had to do in class and I was proud.

Other- I achieved this goal for using PowerPoint for my learning because I am doing my Saints Project on it. I am using mixed media because I am also doing my biography in Word/PowerPoint.

All together I achieved all my goals this week and hopefully next week I can successfully do that as well.

From, Sandra.

19. Dear Bloggers,

In our reflection we write what if we have achieved our learning intentions for that week.

My personal reflection in that I took responsibility for my work and when I was stuck I asked the teacher.I achieved this learning intention by no sitting next to my friends and being more confident about my work.

My numeracy reflection is that to learn how to calculate elapsed time.I archived this learning intention by working on work sheets that we were given and we were learning in class.

My literacy reflection is that to learn how to write a biography about someone’s life. I achieved this learning intention by our teacher teaching it to us in class and I have started making a PowerPoint about someone’s life.

My other reflection is to ask for help when I don’t understand something.I archived this learning intention by asking for help when I got stuck on something or I didn’t understand what the teacher said I will ask the teacher to explain it again.

From Elli

20. Dear Class,

Reflection

In personal learning I have achieved the learning intention I set for myself. I found that I have been asking the teacher when I was confused in her lesson. She broke it up into segments so I could understand it better. I knew I was successful
    When I was able to ask the teacher when I was stuck on a question.

In numeracy I have achieved this goal I set up for myself. I found that it was easier (after the lesson) to correctly move the minute and the hour hand to its proper position. I knew I was successful when I was able to draw a analog clock with the minute and hour hand in its position.

In literacy I have achieved my goals I set up for myself. I found that it was easy to connect my life with events in the book. It was hard to start off thinking about what was an event in the story that was relevant to my life. I knew I was successful when I was able to make a connection To my life.

In other I have not achieved my goal yet I have accomplished my success criteria. I haven’t gone onto PowerPoint but I have been using technology sensibly. I knew I was successful when I used my iPad (Technology) sensibly and correctly.

From Tristan

21. Dear Bloggers,

My Week 8 Learning Intentions

My Numeracy Intention is to learn how to read and record time on analog clocks. I will know I’m successful when I can: use a ruler to accurately draw the minute hand and the hour hand, and when I can draw the minute and hour hand the correct size.
    I’m also learning to: find elapsed times and convert 24hr time to standard time.

My Literacy Intention is to: talk about the texts we read using all the different L.C (Literature Circles) roles. I am also learning to: write a biography correctly. I will know I’m successful when I can: edit my biography and I find mistakes, I correctly write a biography, I learn what the correct contents of a biography are.

My Personal Intention is that I’m learning to: take responsibility for my learning by getting work finished. Also taking a photo of the instructions on the board to remember them. I know I’m successful when I can: get my work finished by the end of the lesson, I don’t distract others and they don’t distract me, reflect on how I did my test and whether that was a good place to do a piece of work.

My Other Intention is that I am learning to: use PowerPoint to direct my learning and create a record of my learning using mixed media. Mixed media is a range of different presentation tools to express our learning. I know I am successful when I can: ask for help and be confident, record and make a PowerPoint successfully.

From Sandra.

22. Dear Bloggers,
    On Friday we reflect on if we achieved our Learning Intentions or if we didn’t, here are my reflections.

This week I have achieved to draw time on an analogue clock I know I achieved this because I correctly positioned my hour hand. I achieved to correctly position my hour hand because my teacher taught me where to position my hour hand. I have also achieved this by drawing some clocks at home.

I achieved my Literacy Intention this week I know I achieved to successfully wrote a biography because I included lots of information in my biography so far. I achieved this by researching lots of information and writing it down.

This week I achieved to manage my work I know this because I have regularly took photos of instructions. I achieved this by remembering to take photos of instructions on my iPad. I always reminded myself to take photos of instructions.

I achieved to use PowerPoint to record my learning I know this by adding photos and videos in my PowerPoint. I achieved this by looking for photos and videos appropriate to the idea in my PowerPoint.

From Jamie

23. Dear Bloggers,

Throughout the week I have been focusing on my learning intentions and I tried as hard as I could to complete them.

My Personal Learning Intension was to get into the habit of taking pictures of instructions. I know achieved my learning intention because I have taking pictures of the teachers instructions that were on the board so I could refer to them if they were to complicated or if I had forgotten them during activities.

My Numeracy Learning Intension was to be able to find elapsed times faster. I know I have achieved my learning intention because when I was doing my math worksheets I completed it a lot faster than the last time I did it.

My Literacy Learning Intension was to write a good biography. I know I have started to achieve my learning intention because we are researching for our government biographies.

My Other Learning Intension was to creat a record of my learning using mixed media. I have not completed this learning intention because we haven’t done mixed media in class yet. I will hopefully complete this learning intention next week.

From Perry

24. Dear Bloggers

My learning goal reflection

In literacy I didn’t achieve this goal because we didn’t get to it. But I did some research at home about biographies. And wrote a little biography at home.

In numeracy I achieved this goal because I worked hard in maths.And learnt how to convert 12 hour time into 24 hour time and back. I am know confident at using 24 hour time in my really.

My other learning intention, which was to record my learning using PowerPoint, I didn’t because I went to District Athletics so I missed the lesson on PowerPoint. But I think next week I can keep this intention and complete it.

In personal learning I achieved this goal because I got my diary in on time and it is neat.

I think having a success criteria is good because sometimes you don’t know when you are successful at the intention.

by Caleb

25. Dear readers,

I have completed my literacy goal because the teachers told me that I have to write everything about the persons that I am writing the biography about. Miss Ash also told me that I have to put in there childhood such as primary school high school and university. Having a slideshow already set up with some questions to prompt my research also helped me achieve this intention.

I have completed my numeracy goal because the teachers taught me and also because of Kristen’s advice to minus or add 12

I have completed my personal goal because I tried hard to complete it.

I have completed my outer goal because I tried really hard to complete it.

From Tass

26. Dear 5/6VA

My literacy goal for the week is to write a biography. I will know when I am successful when my biography has enough information in it and makes sense. Also everything has to be in chronological order.

My numeracy goal is to memorise 24 hour time. I will know when I am successful when someone is able to point at a number on the clock and tell the pm time in 24 hour time. I will also be able tell the time accurately.

My personal learning goal is to ask the teacher when I need help. I will know when I am successful when I am able to ask the teacher for help and take pictures of the work I have to do.

My other goal is to keep making my bibliography. I will know when I am successful when I write down all the websites I used to research.

By Prakashika

27. Dear 5/6VA,

NUMERACY:
    I achieved my numeracy goal of mesmerising 24 hour time. I did this by working on activities that are related to 24 hour time. I am also able to recognise any number on the clock and change it to 24 hour time.

LITERACY:
    I achieved my goal of writing a proper biography. But I have just started researching on the person I am doing it on. Next week my learning intention is to write the biography.

PERSONAL LEARNING:
    I haven’t really achieved my goal for personal learning since I haven’t really been taking pictures of my work since I had already knew what to do. So next my learning goal next week is going to be to finish my work.

OTHER:
    I have achieved goal of making my bibliography. I did this by coping and pasting the website I had used to research for my project . I have also achieved the goal by continuously writing down the websites I use.

Regards,
    Prakashika

28. Dear Everyone,
    For Literacy I know how to write a bibliography because I have started writing a bibliography on Jenny Macklin and I never heard of her but now I know that she is the minister for indeginous families. I think that the teachers explained it very clearly to me to understand and because another bibliography.

For Maths I know what elasped time is beacause I have never heard of elasped time but now I do but I should have known what it meant so maybe I should have chosen something else. I think I straight away knew it when the teacher explained so next time I should think twice about what choose for my leanrning intensions.

For Personal I have been putting my work in the correct place and I have been finishing my work a bit more faster but I can stop talking to my friends and get my work done faster. Maybe I can start listening to instructions a bit more so I do the right thing.

For Other I know how to not copy information excactly how it is worded but maybe I’m still a bit doing that so I should work on that. I think I can’t do because I don’t know how to word it properly so I should I ask someone who does know how to do that.

From Joanne

29. Dear readers,

I have completed my numeracy goal because the teachers taught me. Also because of Kristen’s advice to minus or add 12. I also did it because of my parents.

I have completed my personal goal because I tried hard to complete it. I also completed it because of my parents. I also got help from the teachers.

I have completed my outer goal because I tried really hard to complete it. I also completed it because of my parents. I also got help from the teachers.

From Tass

30. Dear 4AP

I successfully completed one of my learning intentions is how to draw one analogue clock.and I did this with the help of my teacher and assistant teacher.

I successfully completed my learning intention is to hand my work in on time.i achieved this my way coarse I did my work and handed it in on time.

I successfully achieved my learning intention by putting my work in the correct folder on PowerPoint and not in someone else’s or student share.

I haven’t achieved my literacy learning goal on how to talk about a text and not using word wizard and role of summariser.

From Andrew3

31. Hello 4VA

This is my reflection for this week

For numeracy I have learned about 24 hour time by listening to the teacher and asking the teacher but I’m not really understanding how to convert time.

For my personal learning I have been handing in my work in but not when it is finished but next time I will try to work harder to get my work finished.

For literacy I did share with my group about what I learned in literacy and reading and learned how to share my learning by getting along with
    other students and reading from my literacy card that our teacher gave us.

I used power point on smart office on my iPad for my saint project and I learned how to use power point on smart office by asking some other students who know how to use it.

From Jayden

32. Dear Bloggers,
    Here are my learning Intentions for this week:

Personal: to find strategies to complete my work easier. I will know I have achieved this when I have completed my work really quickly and easily multiple times.

Numeracy: to revise on converting fractions to decimals. I will know I have achieved this when I successfully convert fractions.

Literacy: to complete an oral presentation for my saints project without looking at my poster and instead use cue-cards. I will know I have achieved this when I have made cue-cards and not looked at the poster when presenting.

Other: to tell everyone I know about the blog and encourage them to comment. I will know I have achieved this when my family goes on the blog.

From Lucia