What happens if you do the wrong thing at home?

Ban Symbol

How kids are disciplined at home is always a controversial topic. Last week it hit the headlines again after a group of doctors called for smacking kids to be made illegal. But not everyone is in favour of a ban. Let’s take a look at the debate.

http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3814890.htm

What do you think?

Should smacking be banned?

Are there occasions where smacking is okay?

What happens to you, what are the consequences, when YOU do the wrong thing at home?

Photo Credit: Vince via Compfight

on “What happens if you do the wrong thing at home?
22 Comments on “What happens if you do the wrong thing at home?
  1. Dear Bloggers,
    I think smacking should be banned because if your a really naughty child and you get smacked a lot then maybe when your older instead of thinking of an happy child hood you’ll be thinking of an really painful childhood because of how much you got smacked and also because little kids will be scared of their parents and the which will make the angry which leads to more smacking .
    From Joanne

2. Dear readers,

I think that smacking should be banned because it could cause damage to them and even worse smacking in the head or face can cause serious brain damage.

By Tass

3. Dear Bloggers,
    After watching that video I think that smacking should be banned because If you hit your child on the head it can lead to mental illnesses.Instead of smacking you just take away things like taking away games,sending them to there room,to not allow them to bring there friends over and making them to do more chores.

From:Elli

4. Dear Miss Ash,

I think smacking should be banned because if you get hit in the head you can get injured or hurt. Another reason why smacking should be banned is you can get a smack mark on you. Instead of smacking your parents can confiscate your device or object you were using.

By Jayce,

5. Hello Everyone,
    I think smacking should be illegal because, it is harmful and not a very good way to send the message about doing the wrong thing. I think being grounded or anything else is better.

6. Dear Bloggers,
    I think smacking should be banned because as the video said it can cause depression and if hit on the head brain damage. Children when they smacked they think violence is okay.

From Jamie

7. Dear Bloggers,
    I think that smacking shouldn’t be banned since that’s what makes children have discipline and realise what is the right thing to do. Children will also understand not to do what they have done wrong again. Most parents don’t agree that smacking shouldn’t be banned because they will not be able to discipline there children. Anyway if they don’t smack there children, they will turn to be horrible people in the future.

Sincerely,
    Prakashika

8. Dear Class,

I think smacking should be banned. It will teach kids that smacking is good. They might smack people and little kids if they do something wrong or if they’re angry. If parents hit kids in the neck or the head they will get damaged.

From Tristan

9. Dear Bloggers,

I think smacking should be banned because it could lead to serious body damage. It should also be banned because children might think that it’s okay to have valance in our world.

10. Dear Everyone,
    I think that no child should be smacked, but confiscating things should be allowed to teach kids a better lesson. It’s not really fair to get hit for doing something bad you should be taught a lesson instead. Smacking can cause depression and mental issues, a child can feel very unloved when they are smacked which leads to depression.

From Taylah

11. Dear bloggers,

I think smacking should be ban because it really hurt, it leaves red marks, smacking can damage something in your body and the worse smacking is across the head.

From Jimmy

12. Hi Bloggers,

I think that smacking SHOULD be banned, mostly for little kids. Hitting a child doesn’t seem okay to me. I think parents should find another way to punish kids, I don’t think smacking a kid will teach them anything but to learn about the act of violence.

13. Dear Bloggers,
    I believe that smacking should be banned but only in some specific areas such as the head but I think on the hand is okay.Any way if children were behaving good in the first place they wouldn’t be smacked and if children do get smacked they learn from there mistakes!

From Jessica

14. Dear Bloggers,

I think it’s ok for parents to give their child a little smack, but its not ok when they hit their children with objects or smack them with such force that they bleed or cry! It also depends on what their child has done. For example, if they’re walking with an adult and suddenly run across the road, then it is ok to give a little smack because what the child had done was dangerous and the child needed to be aware of that. But when a child makes a mess and doesn’t clean up or breaks something, then the child should be told what they have done wrong or put into timeout, as those actions are part of being a child.

In shorter terms, I take both sides, as I feel it is ok to smack children (a light tap) in SOME cases, but most of the time it isn’t!

From, Lucia